Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Borderlands - Did The Vault Hunters Originally Come From Earth? If So, Why?

Many people around the gaming community agree with the world, in the fact that the Vault Hunters were born on Pandora and grew up there all their lives. I have an opposing theory though, and only my brother agrees with me. Probably 'cause he's the only one I've told. Wow, I'm lonely... ANYways, let's get on with this theory before I start self-deprecating. This theory was birthed when I thought of Mordecai (The Hunter) and his action skill from the original Borderlands. When you think of it, you realize that Bloodwing, his pet/action skill, is a bird. When Marcus is telling the story in the beginning, he doesn't reference planets like Eden-6 or Athenas that are just referenced in Borderlands 2 and playable areas in Borderlands 3. Marcus only speaks of Pandora, and "why some little kiddos who hear the stories grow up to become Vault Hunters." This, to most people, means that the characters were born and grew up on Pandora. If I only thought of the story, this post wouldn't exist. And that is the way I thought, until I realized something. If you take a look at Bloodwing when they first introduce Mordecai into Borderlands 2, he looks like just a regular bird, and if you've been paying attention to the game, you'll realize that the only common flying creatures on Pandora are Rakk. Yes, there are some difficult mini-bosses that can fly, but there doesn't seem to be any birds. In fact, the only planet you can see birds on is Athenas in Borderlands 3. The birds are there for some unknown reason, but there seems to only be a couple of them. So even if Mordercai had been born on Athenas, he wouldn't be able to get a bird unless he did some extreme adventuring. This leads me to think that at least Mordecai was born on Earth and was raised there for a few years, because his parents probably wouldn't give him a bird at one year old! This leads into another thought: Why did they decide to leave Earth? Well, I have two reasons that could possibly work. In the original Borderlands, there are billboards that remind me strongly of Fallout 4. The billboards make Pandora seem like a paradise, and that opens up a couple options. I'm only going to state one of them, however, because I think I was the first one to think of this. If tourism was how they got there, the reason Borderlands takes place could be that the VH's parents decided to tour there when the adventurers were a lot younger, but once they got to Pandora, either the traveling service got cancelled or the world got destroyed in any possible way (Fallout relations? Hmmm...). The other way is more apocalyptic. The other theory is that the world was being destroyed some way, that I've not determined, but let's just say that the sun was expanding. Scientists figured this out and worked out ways to get the people out of there. That's where digistruct, Infinity Pistols, and advanced space travel were created. Then, if you look at the planets in our Solar System, the soil on Mars vaguely resembles Pandora's color, but we'll save that for another post. Either way, Mordecai couldn't have acquired his pet bird from Pandora, so I think the Vault Hunters, or at least the actual hunter, came from the planet Earth. Please comment down below on what you think, and share this website with people, please! I need readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment